Nope, that was last weekend.
Not even close.
I am going....to...ISRAEL!!!!!
There will be the Dead Sea! The Jordan River! Hummus! I'm going to eat a piece of bread and a fish for lunch when I go to the Sea of Galilee and it is going to be the most filling meal of my life. I'm going to walk where Jesus could have walked, and Paul, and the Disciples, and David, and the Woman at the Well, and Deborah, and Mary, and Martha, and Solomon, and Abigail...
Needless to say, I am excited. I will be blogging about my adventures over the next two weeks-ish, including my pre-vacation in LA (maybe). Fingers crossed, I will be able to update daily. If not, I'll write the entries daily and backdate them. So keep an eye on my blog!
In the meantime, I have to start packing and preparing. I leave Friday night, so now is really time to start getting ready. I'll post my to-do list here, partly so I keep track of it, partly so I feel guilted into doing everything on it, and partly so I don't do something stupid and forget my passport.
- Email landlord that I'll be paying rent early
- Pay rent
- Put away clothes, which now seems to be a chore separate to laundry
- Go to library for plane books, and maybe a tourism guide
- Pack clothes
- Pack toiletries
- Pack computer
- Pack phone charger
- Pack passport
- Confirm that George can take me to airport
- Email itinerary to Mum
- Clean apartment (I'm at about a 6/10 on the tidiness scale...I can do better before I go)
- Throw food out that will go bad
- Take out rubbish and recycling
- Hold my post? Maaaaabye.
- Empty phone of photos I don't need, so I can take lots of pictures
- Put a different playlist on phone. I'm bored.
- Update blog with developments
- Check that all bills are up-to-date (I believe they are, but no harm in checking)
- Call credit card company(ies?)
- Go to work four times
- Go to Junior High
- Go to YAF
Ok, those last few are more my schedule for the rest of the week, but anyway. ADVENTURE AWAITS!